I’m at the Orange Conference this week, and I’m blogging notes from breakouts and main sessions. Here are my notes on the pre-conference breakout entitled…
Developing a Weekly Plan to Become a Better NextGen Leader
- Matthew 4 – Jesus calls us to be part of his mission, and he will “make you fishers of men”.
- Revisit our call to his mission often. Go to the place where you first felt that call.
- We need to make a plan with action steps.
- We need to invite others to speak into our lives.
- Ask questions. “Good questions inform. Great questions transform.” – John Maxwell
- Am I genuinely interested in others?
- Am I humble?
- Am I adding value to my team? Is my team better because I showed up?
- Am I investing my time in my best people?
- Be intentional with my own relationship with Christ.
- Know your why and lead from that.
- Balance doesn’t exist.
- Think integration, not balance. Make Jesus the center.
- Use this phrase to make exceptions, unplanned things that take your time, more integrated:
When this… (i.e. When I have to spend a night out in a meeting)
Then that… (i.e. Then I take the morning off and spend it with my kids)