In this episode, I talk with Jeff Reed of Lifeway Kids. We talk about the changing emphasis in children’s ministry over the last couple decades and the growing interest in gospel-centered approaches. We also talk about Lifeway’s most popular children’s curriculum, The Gospel Project.
Share Your Staffing & Volunteer Ratios
I’m running a survey of church leaders to see what their staffing and volunteer ratios are like and I’d love your input. I’m also giving away 25 prizes worth almost $2,500 as motivation.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
LifeWay Kids – Great #kidmin resources, supplies, music, and more from the LifeWay store
The Gospel Project – Small group and large group curriculum that walks through Scripture chronologically, telling every story in the context of the Good News about Jesus
Included in the Gospel Project:
- 3-year teaching plan
- Preschool and elementary curriculum small group and large group curriculum
- Large group curriculum includes Bible story videos, scripts for live storytelling, worship songs with videos, and graphics
- Gospel Project for Kids Family App
- Parent handouts with activities and questions
- Social media plan
- Free weekly online training for upcoming lesson
- Spend time evaluating your current curriculum and exploring other options. Look for curriculum that unpacks the Bible in a practical way that kids can understand.
- Consider structuring your children’s environment around small groups where leaders sit in circles with kids.
- Recruit leaders and ask them to be that second voice in a kid’s life while partnering with parents.
- Develop a training process where you teach your leaders how to practically lead kids in conversation from week to week.
- Check out the Gospel Project and invest in the different resources it has to offer (curriculum, worship, training videos).
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!
Next Episode: Dale Hudson
In the next episode, I talk with Dale Hudson. Dale is a well-known children’s ministry leader, author, and pioneer. We talk about Dale’s latest book that he co-authored with Bruce Barry & Justyn Smith entitled If Disney Ran Your Children’s Ministry. Whether you lead children’s ministry, youth ministry, or both, the principles apply across the board.