14 Mar Episode 044: Core Values for Family Ministry Leadership With John Huber
In this episode, I interview John Huber. We talk about the values that he and his family ministry leaders utilize, and how these values help them create a great culture.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
Good to Great (book) – Jim Collins explores why some companies make the leap from good to great while others don’t
If (book)- Mark Batterson encourages followers of Christ to overcome their doubts and fears and live accordingly to the reality that if God is for them, no one can stand against them
The Advantage (book) – Patrick Lencioni dives into the roots of organizational dysfunction and gives practical advice on how to achieve a healthy staff culture
West Side Church’s Values for Family Ministry Leaders
- Leadership: We choose to love first and lead second, but always do both
- Risk: We have a big God, so we take big risks and trust Him for big results
- Effort: We work hard, give our best, and put family first
- Team: We want to take the hill, and we want to take it together
- Attitude: We live on the solution side of every issue
- Sober-minded: We know who we are and who we’re not and we do what is best for the whole
- Outsiders: We exist for those who are not here yet
- Model: Follow me as I follow Jesus
Making Values a Part of Your Culture
- Review one value in each weekly or biweekly leadership meetings
- Write them into the leadership training manual
- Host quarterly trainings with leaders where you can repeat and emphasize the values
- Provide videos and other quick forms of review
- Create a list of values for your family ministry leaders
- Develop a plan for regularly incorporating these values into conversations and meetings
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!
Next Episode: Corinne Noble
In the next episode, I talk with Children’s Pastor Corinne Noble. Corinne and I have a great conversation about creating remarkable worship experiences for kids. She shares a unique idea that her team has pioneered in order to engage kids in worship, and what that looks like practically at Desert Springs Church.