22 Jan Episode 133: 5-Part Strategy for Partnering with Parents
In this episode, I break down the 5-part strategy my church uses to partner with parents. I walk through these five steps, talk about what they look like practically – week to week, and month to month – for us. I also draw a roadmap, detailing how churches can begin to take steps toward partnering with parents, while not doing it all at once. The ultimate goal of parent partnership is to help parents take one step in leading their child spiritually. I hope that this 5-part strategy helps you do that.
Ministry Boost is launching 12 courses and 3 new coaching groups beginning in February. Registration is now open. Register by Monday, January 28th for a FREE Volunteer Pipeline course and more in bonuses. Click here for more details and to sign up.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
Key Things to Acknowledge when Partnering with Parents
- Parents have the most influence in the life of their child
- Partnering with parents is critical
- Every parent is not in the same stage in their parenting or in their faith
- Partnering always feels like “extra” because it’s not “always coming” like Sunday is
5-Part Strategy for Partnering with Parents
- Small Group Leaders
- Community for Parents
Resources for Parents
- Parent Cue
- Fuller Youth Institute
Roadmap for Partnering with Parents
- Milemarker 1 – Communication & small group leaders
- Milemarker 2 – Transitions & resources
- Milemarker 3 – Milestone events
- Milemarker 4 – Small groups and classes for parents
- Milemarker 5 – Parent & marriage ministry
Milemarkers Based on Church Size
- Under 200 – Milemarker 1
- 200-400 – Milemarkers 1 & 2
- 400-600 – Milemarkers 1, 2 & 3
- 600-1500 – Milemarkers 1-4
- Over 1500 – Milemarkers 1-5
Free Resources from my site (including our kindergarten transition docs)
- Assess where you currently are in terms of partnering with parents
- Determine what milemarker you need to get to and map out steps to get there
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!