In this episode, I talk with Jeff Henderson of Gwinnett Church. Jeff and I talk about Champion Tribes–something new he’s launching to help busy dads connect with their sons in unique and life-changing ways. If you lead in ministry, it’s an awesome way to partner with parents and help families in your community win. And, if you’re a parent, it’s a phenomenal resource that helps you journey with other parents and students who are walking through the same critical phase.
Notes From This Episode
Champion Tribes Breakdown
- Launches June 1
- Download content digitally with the app
- 12 sessions, completed over the course of 6-12 months
- Gathering of 5-8 dads and their sons (ideally between the ages of 11 and 14)
- Small group format with a game, movie clip, discussion questions, and teaching
- Includes gifts that dads give their sons along the journey
- Ends with a final blessing
- Check out ChampionTribes.com and consider piloting it with a group of dads at your church
- Talk about how your team can make this tool an integral part of your strategy to help families win
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!
Next Episode: One Year Q&A
Next week, we celebrate one year of the podcast with a special Q&A episode where we’ll be answering questions you all have asked and submitted throughout the year. Starting this Monday, May 15th, we’ll also be giving a bunch of stuff away–several gift cards and resources that will help you as leaders. If you follow the blog, subscribe to the email list, or connect on social media, there will be opportunities every day for you to win one of our giveaways. Then, we’ll kick off another year of the podcast with two of our very first guests, Kenny and Elle Campbell. We’ll talk about what they’ve been up to over the past year, and all the new things they are doing to empower and help youth leaders.