Last Friday our Children & Student team attended the Orange Tour with some of our volunteers. The Orange Tour is a one day conference of sorts for church leaders and volunteers. It’s a taste of what you get at the Orange Conference, and the tour stops typically contain a good bit of content from the previous Orange Conference.
Here are some highlights:
- Ask what do you want someone to become?
- Love is the one thing that matters most.
- Theology without love is religion.
- Do you want to make a statement or start a conversation?
- Do you fight to win an argument or do you fight to win the heart?
- The way you love kids when they’re kids can dramatically affect their future.
- You can’t be forgiven by people who dont know you.
- Ask where do you want someone to be?
- What is the optimal environment where people can grow in their relationship with god?
- A small group culture changes everything
- It will always be messy
- It will take longer than you think
- You will never be done
- IT WILL BE WORTH IT!