What’s Involved in the Volunteer Playbook Group?
The Volunteer Playbook Group includes:
- Weekly video call, with Nick teaching on the topic for that week
- Q&A at the end of each call to address your specific questions
- A private Facebook Group for daily interaction
- Two 1-on-1 coaching calls with Nick
- Access to the volunteer resources everyone creates
- Tons of bonuses (see below)
Who is it for?
This group is for leaders who serve in children’s ministry, youth ministry, or in nextgen/family roles. Everyone who takes the 10-week challenge must commit to do the following:
- Attend and engage in video calls
- Do the work each week (3+ hours)
- Take feedback graciously
- Give feedback honestly
- Encourage others
- Share everything you create
- Be nice … and awesome
In case you skimmed past it, I want to highlight that participating in this group requires a significant investment of time. One of the biggest reasons we struggle to recruit volunteers in ministry is because it takes more time than we’re able to give to it. This is especially true if you are working to build your culture from scratch or rebuilding something that isn’t working.
Every week you’ll need to set aside a minimum of 3 hours to do the work:
- 1 hour in the call (possibly more with Q&A)
- 1 hour to do the weekly tasks
- 1 hour+ to work on the projects and homework specific to that week
Who is it NOT for?
This group is NOT for everyone. Some examples include:
- It is not for someone who can’t give 3-4+ hours/week beyond your current responsibilities
- It is not for someone who will be excited early on, but not follow through
- It is not for someone who is burnt out – If that’s you, let’s talk, because there’s a better path (Email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- It is not for someone who will not stop other things in order to make time for this
This isn’t a marketing trick or a ploy, I promise. This is the pilot version of this group, and I’m looking for people who will be all-in to transform their volunteer culture. Our success as group members will directly relate to what each of us brings to the group. We need everyone’s best.
I know that joining the 10-week challenge is a big investment of time and money, so I’ve put together a bonus package to go along with your membership in the group. Everyone who joins will also receive:
What is the cost?
The cost is $200/person. After filling out the application to join the group, payment will be due in full by October 1. The group is first-come, first-served, and there are only 20 spots available. However, if you join a Mastermind Group, you can take part in this group as well, so you may want to go that route for better value.