Orange Conference is one of my favorite weeks of the year and this was no different. The theme of the 2019 Orange Conference was It's Personal, and the Orange team did a great job of sticking to that theme throughout. Here are some highlights from the main sessions:
- “It’s easy to hate an idea, it’s hard to hate an individual.” – Jon Acuff
- “No one needs to be seen by everybody but everybody needs somebody who sees them.” – Kristen Ivy
- “Everybody needs somebody to see them like Jesus does.” – Reggie Joiner
- “Pause long enough to make it personal. You can’t be personal with a crowd, you can only be personal with a person.” – Reggie Joiner
- “It’s harder to leave people than a program.” – Tom Shefchunas
- “You might graduate from this roster but you can’t graduation from this relationship.” – Crystal Chiang
- “You want to move something big, do something small.” – Danielle Strickland
- “Every parent and every person needs from you to remind them you are enough because Jesus makes you enough.” – Kara Powell
- “If I took numbers off the table, would I call my church a healthy church?” – Karl Vaters
- “Don’t make people projects. People are people.” – Bob Goff
5 Questions Every Small Group Leader Should Answer
- Do you know their name?
- Do you know what matters to them?
- Do you know where they live?
- Do you know what they’ve done?
- Do you know what they can do?