In this episode, I spend time chatting with Kenny Conley about some stats from a survey on staff and volunteer ratios in kidmin and student ministry. Then, we continue the conversation around a new survey just developed to gather new information on the state of staffing and volunteers in churches post-pandemic.
Connect with Kenny on Facebook | Instagram | Website
Clearstream works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. Find out more at Clearstream.io.
Key comparisons between the NEW and the OLD survey:
- This is not about what’s “right” or “better”, but it is about seeing where other churches are around similar size
Average church from the original survey:
- Children’s Ministry – a ratio of one full-time staff member for every 98 kids (1:98 or full-time equivalent – FTE)
- Youth Ministry – 1:51
***It’s not about the number of staff, but how many hours of staff
Average ratio for volunteers:
- Children's Ministry – 4 volunteers to every 5 kids (4:5)
- These volunteers, however, did not serve every week
- Youth Ministry – one volunteer for every 5 students (1:5)
- It’s not about the number of volunteers as much as it is about whether or not the ministry is adequately and efficiently staffed for each weekend
***The new survey results will include info regarding post-COVID ministry, how Saturday or mid-week services affect staffing, what digital ministry looks like for churches, and much more.
- Take the survey
- Take the survey (book call)
- Take the survey (talk with leadership)
Ministry Boost Coaching is back!
Click here to check out the amazing benefits of coaching groups with Ministry Boost.
Multiply Ministry Conference – All-Access Pass
Click here to get the All-Access Pass to get access to the Multiply Ministry Conference replays of every main session and breakout. Over 30 sessions of content about empowering volunteers.
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Special Sponsor: Clearstream
This episode is sponsored by Clearstream. Clearstream.io works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. You can get started on a free-trial, and if you're with a new church plant under 1 year old can use Clearstream free for 12 months.