26 Apr Orange Conference 2018: Session 2
I’m at the Orange Conference this week and I’m blogging notes while I’m here. Here are my notes from the first main session.
- We > I
- Some of us have embraced the idea of an individual ministry leader
- Culture doesn’t change because we desire it to change. Culture is changed when the organization is transformed.
- When you lead as a team with one voice… what matters most matters more. – Reggie Joiner
- When we’re one, the world changes.
- Jesus modeled being one.
- People who were nothing like Jesus liked Jesus, and he liked them back.
- Jesus predicted it.
- Jesus prayed for this.
- Unity is mission critical and disunity disrupts the mission.
- Oneness is how we win. Oneness is how the world will know the heavenly father sent his son. Not theological correctness.
- The goal wasn’t to be right about anything, the goal was to be one.
- Jesus branded it.
- Imagine a world where people were skeptical of what we believe but amazed at how we treated one another.
- It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God.
- If your theology separates you from sinners like you, you may have some work to do.