In 2016, I created a comprehensive survey about Children's & Youth Ministry Staff & Volunteer Ratios. It was taken by over 1,600 churches and provided a great benchmark for how many staff and how many volunteers different children's and youth ministries have. Specifically, it compared that to their attendance in children's and student ministry, and it was filtered by a number of factors, including church size.
Well, things have changed. It was long overdue for an update and here it is.
Children & Youth Ministry Staff/Volunteer Survey
The new survey asks all of the previous questions, but now includes questions regarding attendance before the pandemic, volunteers and staff before pandemic, digital strategy, current attendance/staff/volunteers, and additional questions around your church context so we can provide church leaders with the best possible data going forward.
If you take the survey, you'll get the full report with analysis when the survey closes. In addition, you could be in for some great prizes, including:
= Over $2500 in Prizes (and more coming soon)
TAKE THE SURVEY HERE
Before you take the survey, you'll want to gather the following information. If you can only provide data for children's ministry or student ministry, that's okay. However, both is certainly preferred.
- Church attendance before the pandemic and now
- Children's ministry attendance before the pandemic and now
- Children's ministry volunteer numbers before the pandemic and now
- Children's ministry staffing before the pandemic and now
- Student ministry attendance before the pandemic and now
- Student ministry volunteer numbers before the pandemic and now
- Student ministry staffing before the pandemic and now
The initial round of the survey will close in August and the analyzed results will be sent out soon after. Everyone who completes the survey will get the results and the analysis.