In this episode, Amber Baker shares her experience leading through the various changes in kidmin after the pandemic and the leadership shifts in her ministry team. Shifting to a new leadership model within family ministry produces some challenges, and Amber gives some practical tips for navigating some of those transitions.
Ministry Boost Membership + New Courses
Getting back to the basics (Kidmin after pandemic):
- Outside in pavilion
- Bible story without a TV
- Hand-written tags
- Games in the field
Changes online since regathering:
- Focus on outside events at church over the digital
- Summer kick-off, Fall kick-off, on-campus events
- Getting more personal
Transition to new leadership model:
- Originally hired as a co-pastor over children’s
- During a pastor’s sabbatical, moved to overseeing youth
- Tension in beginning to oversee the youth leadership
- Some team members made transitions off staff
- Began to create new team culture and make hires to support the ministry
- Track trends for online engagement
- Plan events, maybe small, to re-engage
- Evaluate your model – job descriptions to support the team
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.