James Sabin gives some encouragement on how student ministry has thrived in the midst of a pandemic. James also gives some feedback from the implementation of some strategies around new family/student retention.
Connect with James on Instagram.
Ministry Boost Membership + New Courses
- Church began with 250-300 in overall attendance, only a few teenagers engaged in youth ministry
- Started with a partnership with FCA
- Grew to 120 active youth
- Group-based model
- Created “Late-Night-Live” online experience for youth; whole family participated
- Core families were the core watchers, but picked up new families as well
- Regathering began; JH and HS gathered in main worship center on Sunday nights
- Student-led worship teams
- Steady with 30-40 in attendance after regathering
- First-time strategy… have youth invite and own giving a gift
- Lots of swag and branded giveaways
- Ideas: Starbucks gift card (first-time gift), t-shirts, stickers, etc.
- Creating online experience that matches the production quality of adults
- First 15 minutes in-person is with groups, but online they wait for the large group time to start
- Make it viewable after Sunday night for those who can’t watch
- Stream online
- Overhaul your retention plan – 50% off
- Consider a rally/event/shorter/in and out
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.