In this episode, Will Hutcherson shares about his new book SEEN which focuses on helping broaden the conversation about the mental health of kids and students. Together with Dr. Chinwé Williams, this new resource sheds light on the newest statistics surrounding this topic and the current state of the next generation.
Ministry Boost Membership + New Courses
- Limit the labels
- A feeling of sadness does not equal depression
- No one is immune to struggling with depression
- This doesn't mean you don't have faith
- Take steps toward health, just like you would for your heart or eyes
- Connection is key — it has the ability to heal and influence the brain toward healing
How do we set up our ministries to be ministries of connection (to be seen)?
- Consistent training – this must be a first priority
- Showing up – being present (the ministry of presence)
- Make sure they are SEEN – and see beyond the behavior (how they feel)
- Listen (tell me more)
- Speak life
- Build up grit in the next generation
***Every kid is one caring adult away from success
- Get the book and books – many of them
- Go through it with your team
- Make a plan to share this with parents
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.