This episode features Andrae Jones, NextGen Pastor at One Community Church in Plano, TX, and he shares a unique perspective of doing ministry inside and outside of the church, focusing on how to connect with people/teams outside of the weekend. Andrae also joined the Multiply Ministry online conference and in this section of a Zoom interview, he gives some wonderful examples of how to maximize your time to connect with your teams.
Clearstream works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. Find out more at Clearstream.io.
Thoughts from Andrae:
- Question: When was the last time you saw your team outside of the weekend services?
- When people serve FOR you, you don't connect
- When people serve ALONGSIDE you, they get to know you and become owners
- Start with something –> Your thing –> Our thing –> My thing –> Find someone to do this with
- If you have your head down, you'll miss something
- Moments to connect outside the church
- Crisis, Care, Community
- 5 things you get to know outside the church
- Face, Facts, Feelings, Fears, Faith
- 4 buckets to put people in
- Start somewhere: one person
- Maximize your time
- Help someone take their next step
**BONUS: If you plan on attending the Orange Conference, use the discount code BLEVINSPOD to receive 10% off tickets
Ministry Boost Coaching is back!
Multiply Ministry Conference – All-Access Pass
Click here to get the All-Access Pass to get access to the Multiply Ministry Conference replays of every main session and breakout. Over 30 sessions of content about empowering volunteers.
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Special Sponsor: Clearstream
This episode is sponsored by Clearstream. Clearstream.io works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. You can get started on a free-trial, and if you're with a new church plant under 1 year old can use Clearstream free for 12 months.