This episode features Yancy Richmond, Dove Award-winning singer and songwriter as she shares what discipling kids in worship looks like. She has led and championed kid's worship for many years and shares a unique perspective about focusing on creating moments to teach about why worship is so important to our faith. Yancy also joined the Multiply Ministry online conference and this contains a section of a Zoom interview with other Ministry Boost members.
Clearstream works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. Find out more at Clearstream.io.
Thoughts from the conversation:
- Question: How are you developing the “pallettes” of your teams to hunger and crave times of real and authentic worship?
- When leading worship, think about what you are asking them to do
- Motions or No motions
- Dancing or just singing
- Singing out-of-date or new songs
- Freshen up your playlist and get feedback on your current set lists
- Take time in your services to explain the WHY and HOW we worship
- Think about who is leading worship and whether kids will follow them
- Question: Who are you catering to?
- Younger or older?
- Boys or girls or both?
- Those who like specific kinds of music
- Freshen up your playlist and get feedback
- Explain the WHY and HOW of worship regularly
- Boys CAN and WILL participate – aim high when you program
**BONUS: If you plan on attending the Orange Conference, use the discount code BLEVINSPOD to receive 10% off tickets
Ministry Boost Coaching is back!
Multiply Ministry Conference – All-Access Pass
Click here to get the All-Access Pass to get access to the Multiply Ministry Conference replays of every main session and breakout. Over 30 sessions of content about empowering volunteers.
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Special Sponsor: Clearstream
This episode is sponsored by Clearstream. Clearstream.io works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. You can get started on a free-trial, and if you're with a new church plant under 1 year old can use Clearstream free for 12 months.