In this episode, Clay Scroggins helps share some helpful tips for approaching the future of leadership within the church and the changes that will come. He also shares about his new book and some leadership principles that have shifted in recent years.
Clearstream works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. Find out more at Clearstream.io.
Some insights on leadership:
- Great leaders have extended trust before just demanding trust
- It's not about old versus new – it's about everyone getting better together
- Conflict has always been a part of relationships, but we are going to have to become more mature about handling more conflict in better ways
- 4 A's – Affirm, Ask, Acknowledge, Advise
- Flexibility and convenience
- Ex: before setting a meeting, consider what type of meeting you want it to be and what you want to accomplish
- Being intentional about scheduling things with leaders/volunteers without requiring them to be somewhere (think digital)
- Being able to say “I don't know”
- Accept that other people may know more than you and be open to feedback
- Get the book (The Aspiring Leader's Guide to the Future)
- Use the conflict framework
- Work on one idea a month
Ministry Boost Coaching is back!
Multiply Ministry Conference – All-Access Pass
Click here to get the All-Access Pass to get access to the Multiply Ministry Conference replays of every main session and breakout. Over 30 sessions of content about empowering volunteers.
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Special Sponsor: Clearstream
This episode is sponsored by Clearstream. Clearstream.io works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. You can get started on a free-trial, and if you're with a new church plant under 1 year old can use Clearstream free for 12 months.