In this episode, Tom Bump brings some practical ways to find renewal as a ministry leader and some insights on what to look for. Tom has decades of experience in church ministry and now helps leaders navigate the hills and valleys of ministry.
Connect with Tom on Instagram | Facebook | Website
Clearstream works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. Find out more at Clearstream.io.
Some insights on the need for finding renewal:
- A small sample size identified as being overwhelmed, stressed, or burnt-out
- 75-85% of Ministry leaders say they are burned out
- 80% say they may not be in ministry in 10 years
- 80% of leaders say ministry has a negative effect on them and their families
- A large number of ministry leaders are considering stepping out of local church ministry
- There is also a void with new leaders due to fewer people attending college and seminary
What if I am experiencing this type of stress?
- When you are going into a valley season, it will never look the same; but there are some principles that won't change
- Don't walk through it alone; find someone you trust
- Keep your head and heart open
- This season may not look like what you thought it should look like
- Some of the best seasons of ministry won't be while you're on a mountain, but while you're in a valley
- Stop thinking of changing job positions or roles as a “bad thing”
- Who can journey with you? Ask them.
- Read something – Tom labeled multiple books + his new book
- Check out restoringleaders.org
Ministry Boost Coaching is back!
Click here to check out the amazing benefits of coaching groups with Ministry Boost.
Multiply Ministry Conference – All-Access Pass
Click here to get the All-Access Pass to get access to the Multiply Ministry Conference replays of every main session and breakout. Over 30 sessions of content about empowering volunteers.
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Special Sponsor: Clearstream
This episode is sponsored by Clearstream. Clearstream.io works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. You can get started on a free-trial, and if you're with a new church plant under 1 year old can use Clearstream free for 12 months.