In this episode, I am joined by Carl Barnhill and Jason Noble to discuss digital media within children's ministry as well as some tips, tricks, and best practices within a digital strategy. Carl and Jason curate and provide resources through multiple sites including 1230kids.com and TwelveThirty.media.
Carl Barnhill & Jason Noble
Connect with Carl and Jason on these websites: 1230Kids | TwelveThirty Media
Clearstream works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. Find out more at Clearstream.io.
Struggles for kid's ministry leaders and what has changed:
- A search for what to do in the “new normal” after COVID
- How to reach kids and families
- Finding digital solutions and media
- Teaching/Lead Pastors only need the media
- Kid's ministry leaders need curriculum and media
- Volunteers need support
- Leaders are tired and worn out
- Looking for plug-n-play solutions
- How to do ministry moving forward
- Discipleship for kids
What should online kids' ministry look like?
- People are hungry for connection and relationship
- This will trump whatever is online
- Promote family time
- Promote a strong relationship for each kid with another caring adult
- Plan to have both an in-person and an online experience (not as a replacement, but something to take them further)
Most important equipment to invest in?
- Dedicated iMac computer (new or refurbished)
- Suite license to a presentation software (Media Shout or ProPresenter are options)
- TVs to present on (but if you can't do that, then a projector works)
- Check out 1230 Kids and TwelveThirty Media
- Evaluate your digital strategy
- Streamline your digital process – with the right gear
Ministry Boost Coaching is back!
Click here to check out the amazing benefits of coaching groups with Ministry Boost.
Multiply Ministry Conference – All-Access Pass
Click here to get the All-Access Pass to get access to the Multiply Ministry Conference replays of every main session and breakout. Over 30 sessions of content about empowering volunteers.
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Special Sponsor: Clearstream
This episode is sponsored by Clearstream. Clearstream.io works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. You can get started on a free-trial, and if you're with a new church plant under 1 year old can use Clearstream free for 12 months.