In this episode, we chat with Keturah Boston about ministry to families both online and in-person after her church pivoted for almost two years before regathering after the pandemic. Keturah has years of experience within family ministry and has helped develop a diverse approach to partnering with parents and focusing on getting them back to church.
Clearstream works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. Find out more at Clearstream.io.
Quote: “Don’t just manage what God intends to multiply.”
Digital Discipleship for kids and families:
- Heavily reliant upon the parents
- Used online curriculum
- MADE IT PERSONAL
- Short intro and a short outro
- Held discipleship loosely
- After stopping Zoom calls, got more intentional about engaging parents through social media
- Just wanted to be “helpful” to families, so they created a landing place for families to have other options for kids who were still home
- Social justice landing page for parents to know how to talk with kids
Partnering with Parents:
- It’s all about them “coming back”
- Welcome and interactions
- Interactions must be intentional
- Every time you see a face you recognize, saying “welcome back”
- Engaging with questions, asking how long they’ve been at church and what their kids are liking about church
- Parent Engagement Nights
- Have student leaders help with events for kids
- Have parents connect with the entire family ministry… not just their kids’ age groups
- Relationships first… measure that!
- Make your online personal – somehow
- Racial Injustice page
- Events for parents and diversity of households
Ministry Boost Coaching is back!
Multiply Ministry Conference – All-Access Pass
Click here to get the All-Access Pass to get access to the Multiply Ministry Conference replays of every main session and breakout. Over 30 sessions of content about empowering volunteers.
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Special Sponsor: Clearstream
This episode is sponsored by Clearstream. Clearstream.io works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. You can get started on a free-trial, and if you're with a new church plant under 1 year old can use Clearstream free for 12 months.