In this episode, Carl shares the importance of creating a church culture that embraces vulnerability and helps guide toward celebrating a journey of brokenness in people's lives. Carl also opens up about the “middle ground” that exists for churches around controversial topics and how to approach difficult conversations.
Clearstream works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. Find out more at Clearstream.io.
About Carl's Book
- Blood Stained Pews mindset = our churches should be places where the truly hurting and truly broken can be vulnerable and find healing to go back out into the world
Thoughts from Carl
- It's good to have vulnerability; It's better to have a gospel-centered vulnerability (you are worthy and you are enough)
- Gospel-centered vulnerability leads to freedom
- Difference between skepticism and cynicism
- Skepticism = honest question that wants an answer
- Cynicism = negative questions that just want to tear down
- You can’t love Jesus and hate the church
- Stories worth celebrating = when a hurting person finds hope
- Celebrate stories that don’t have a bow on them yet
- Kids are being indoctrinated so we must inoculate them with the truth; gospel-centered vulnerability is the secret weapon in ministering to kids in today’s culture and in parenting them so they do not end up deconstructing their faith
- Read Carl's book
- Make a plan to share vulnerable stories
- Find a way to challenge men directly
Ministry Boost Coaching is back!
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Special Sponsor: Clearstream
This episode is sponsored by Clearstream. Clearstream.io works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. You can get started on a free-trial, and if you're with a new church plant under 1 year old can use Clearstream free for 12 months.