In this episode, Esther Moreno shares openly about some personal examples she has experienced in regard to racial unrest within kidmin. She also takes time to speak about the future of kidmin and the opportunities to engage in uncomfortable conversations within the local church.
Connect with Esther on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Website
Clearstream works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. Find out more at Clearstream.io.
- Importance of having difficult conversations at age/phase-appropriate settings
- If we avoid these topics, the church becomes judgmental and stodgy
- The body of Christ has been divided by the topic of racial unrest
- Stemming from NOT loving with Christ's love, but also NOT listening to understand
- What happens when there is a kid who attends your church who is dealing with racial discrimination in places like their school?
- How do we stay mindful of those who are part of the minority within the church, and creating space for them to feel included?
- How can we be part of the solution?
- Playing it safe may represent that you stand on nothing — it's ok to stand on truth and what you believe
- “Don't “bleed” on social media”
- Learn to be OK with expressing your heart on social media, but understand you must have thick skin
- Children's Ministry Moving Forward FB & Books
- Have an uncomfortable conversation
- Esther on Demand
Ministry Boost Coaching is back!
Click here to check out the amazing benefits of coaching groups with Ministry Boost.
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Special Sponsor: Clearstream
This episode is sponsored by Clearstream. Clearstream.io works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. You can get started on a free-trial, and if you're with a new church plant under 1 year old can use Clearstream free for 12 months.