In this episode, Shane Sanchez spends some time sharing about current trends in student ministry. Shane also gives some insight on his new book focused on helping students see God in their everyday lives.
Clearstream works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. Find out more at Clearstream.io.
Orange Conference 2023
**BONUS: If you plan on attending the Orange Conference, head to nickblevins.com/OC23 to save $30 on your ticket!
Current trends in Youth Ministry
- The main questions being asked: “What's working? What isn't working?”
- People trying to get a pulse on the future of culture – pioneering and trying new things
- Doubling-down on discipleship
- Rethinking programming
- Consistent desire and awareness of high-schoolers' unique needs (and how that affects attendance)
New shifts in Youth Ministry
- Making curriculum more conversational and elevate the experience through hot topics
- Moving from a monologue to more of a dialogue
- “If you're talked into something, you can probably be talked out of it” – this is what you should believe
- However, dialogue invites them into the conversation where their questions are welcomed and they form their beliefs based on biblical truth
How To See God
- A 4-week devotional focused on the applicable attributes of Jesus through the fruit of the Spirit
- We can see God in our everyday lives when we recognize the fruit of the Spirit evidence in the world
- Focused content each day that gives actionable steps to reflect on where they see God each day
- Get the book for your students – HowToSeeGodBook.com
- Start a bonus group
- Consider less monologue for critical topics
Ministry Boost Coaching is back!
Get An Email When Each New Episode Comes Out
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Special Sponsor: Clearstream
This episode is sponsored by Clearstream. Clearstream.io works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. You can get started on a free-trial, and if you're with a new church plant under 1 year old can use Clearstream free for 12 months.