In this episode, Scott Pace shares about the concepts behind his book focused on students accepting the calling into vocational ministry. Scott also shares more form a collegiate perspective about the changes they are seeing on campus in regard to those following a call to ministry.
Connect with Scott on Instagram | Facebook
Clearstream works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. Find out more at Clearstream.io.
Orange Conference 2023
**BONUS: If you plan on attending the Orange Conference, head to nickblevins.com/OC23 to save $30 on your ticket!
Changes on the college campus
- Lower number of students enrolling in vocational ministry degrees
- Combination of ministry degree programs/courses (undergraduate and graduate)
- The topic of “calling” has shifted and less students are leaning into a vocational calling
- Universal: the calling of all believers
- Unique: the calling to those set apart for vocational ministry
What can the church do?
- Elevate the conversation about being called into ministry
- Share your “calling” testimony
- Celebrate the church rather than only about the difficulties and hardships (the privilege to serve the bride of Christ)
- Provide opportunities for people to serve (especially those who are exploring and sensing a calling)
- Focus more on what you “get to do” instead of what you “have to do”
- Gift the book to a few students
- Start student leadership experience
- Start a vocational ministry pathway
Ministry Boost Coaching is back!
Click here to check out the amazing benefits of coaching groups with Ministry Boost.
Get An Email When Each New Episode Comes Out
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Special Sponsor: Clearstream
This episode is sponsored by Clearstream. Clearstream.io works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. You can get started on a free-trial, and if you're with a new church plant under 1 year old can use Clearstream free for 12 months.