In this episode, Porfirio Caldera gives practical insights about moving to a NextGen staffing model within his church. Porfirio has maintained influence within the same church for over a decade in various ministry roles and he also shares the challenges faced while leading this change.
Partnering with Orange Tour! **Head to orangetour.org to get your team signed up today!
Clearstream works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. Find out more at Clearstream.io.
The Volunteer Playbook
- Told my lead pastor, in the first 6 months of a new role, I’ll probably make some big mistake
- Early on leading junior high ministry, learned what it meant to truly care for volunteers well
- Learned to raise the level of excellence for volunteers
- Leading student ministry, learned what it meant to bring on staff
- Leading in NextGen, learning what it means to help move the entire church forward (even if it means that the NextGen team has to step back for the church to win)
- Ministry is more like chess, being mindful of moving pieces strategically that help everyone win
- A win for other teams builds dividends long-term for the next generation
- Leading with humility
- Helping them see what you see
- If you want to help people see what you see, help them understand the “why” from your level
- Moved from 5 different ministries (plus extra departments) to two main leads over Students and Kids
- These lead roles champion the other staff that fall under that ministry
- Preparing for the next season
- Depends on your church context, but ours is in a constant state of change
- Sometimes small changes, sometimes larger changes
- The longer you stay, the more opportunity you have to influence people from the current place you are at (not the person you used to be)
- Focus on the bigger picture practically
- Serve and focus on the team you serve on
- Design a new structure before you need it
Watch it on YouTube
Ministry Boost Coaching is back!
Get An Email When Each New Episode Comes Out
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Special Sponsor: Clearstream
This episode is sponsored by Clearstream. Clearstream.io works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. You can get started on a free-trial, and if you're with a new church plant under 1 year old can use Clearstream free for 12 months.