There's a lot involved in choosing the right children's ministry curriculum for your church. Before anything else, be sure to answer these questions:
- Who do we want kids to be when they graduate preschool, or elementary?
- What do we want them to know? (they can't know everything, and some things aren't appropriate to their age)
- Is the curriculum I am looking at part of an overall plan, from birth through high school?
- Does this curriculum acknowledge the parent's role as primary spiritual leader to their children and is it built around partnering with parents to help them in that role?
- Is it written by one person or a group of people?
Here are some children's ministry curriculums I am aware of. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of others that should be listed here.
Preschool & Elementary
- Orange: thinkorange.com (see My First Look & 252Basics below) *MY RECOMMENDATION
- Group: group.com
- Life.Church: open.church *FREE
- Discipleland: http://www.discipleland.com
- Hillsong Big: hillsong.com/kids/big/
- Gospel Project: gospelproject.com
- Gospel Light: gospellight.com/children-s-ministry