In this episode, I talk with Erin English about redefining preschool ministry. Erin walks through what preschool ministry looked like at her church in previous years, how they shifted their focus to be on relationships and the gospel, and how she helped her team and ministry make that transition.
Ministry Boost recently launched – an organization led by myself, Kenny Conley, and Kevin Monahan dedicated to helping you fast forward growth in your ministry through training and consulting for ministry leaders. We’ll also be offering coaching in partnership with YouLead Coaching.
Register for Erin’s coaching group, all about redefining preschool ministry & check out the other options here.
Be sure to check out the dates and locations at OrangeTour.org and get your tickets today!
Links Mentioned in This Episode
Redefining Preschool Ministry at Westside
- Emphasis on small group relationships and the gospel
- Created a separate large group environment with a clubhouse set
- Hosted a Lead Small Training using Orange content
- Shared with volunteers about the preschool phase and the importance of relationships
- Previewed new large group time for leaders & cast the vision for them to be present during large group
- Picked best two SGLs and cleared out their classrooms
- Tried bare space with small groups for a month
- Cleared out all of the classrooms
Typical Preschool Morning at Westside
- Ten minutes of small group time
- Go to large group with host that introduces story and a song
- Leave large group and return to small groups for application activities
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!