At Community Christian Church we have used Orange curriculum in children's ministry since before we officially launched the church in 2006. I think it's the best children's ministry curriculum and that, of course, is why we use it. I was familiar with their strategy, philosophy, and values and loved everything about it. One of the things I also love about them is their commitment to acknowledging that parents are the primary spiritual leaders for their kids and how they go about helping parents through their curriculum.
First Look Preschool Curriculum
First Look is their curriculum for preschool and is based on the 3 Basic Truths that God made me, God loves me and Jesus wants to be my friend forever. We hope all our preschoolers will know and believe that by the time they head into kindergarten.
252 Kids Elementary Curriculum
252 Kids is their curriculum for elementary and is based on a different set of 3 Basic Truths:
- I need to make the wise choice
- I can trust God no matter what
- I should treat others the way I want to be treated
Those basic truths are taught using the context of life applications (life apps).
Here are some other things I love about Orange
- The staff who make up Orange are amazing and they continue to recruit the best and brightest to their team.
- They are committed to serving the local church and they do an amazing job of it.
- They are a learning organization, constantly growing, changing and adapting. It's mind-boggling how far they have come as an organization in such a short time.
- They innovate as well as any faith-based organization I've encountered.
- They serve in churches. Their team is made up of people who serve in local churches implementing what they create.