In this episode, I talk with Matt Guevara, the Executive Director of the International Network of Children's Ministry (INCM). INCM exists to connect, train and resource children's ministry leaders and they are probably known most for the Children's Pastors Conference. We talk about the number one priority of a leader, and that's prioritizing our relationship with God.
Connect with Matt on Facebook | Twitter
Links Mentioned in This Episode
KidMin.com – Check out Dispatch for ministry tools and resources to help you grow as a leader and implement new ideas
ChildrensPastorsConference.com – Register before August 15 for the 2017 conference and save $100
CPC+ – Sign up for two-day training webinars
Practical Ways to Focus on Your Relationship With God
- Remind yourself of the importance of being rooted in God as a leader. Read Psalm 71 and Isaiah 61.
- Have a tough conversation with yourself. Ask: Where am I?
- Have a conversation with your senior leadership. Ask: Am I getting into a corporate worship session on a regular basis?
- Find a version of the Bible that you enjoy reading.
- Establish a regular reading plan. Check out the YouVersion Bible App and Scripture Union for reading plans.
- Find an accountability partner who is at the same level.
- Get out of the office – find silence and solitude.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!
Next Episode: Rob Cizek
In the next episode, I interview Rob Cizek, the Executive Pastor of Northshore Christian Church in Everett, WA. I talk with Rob about how to lead up. Rob shares practical tips we can use right away to help lead up better. But, more than that, Rob shares tips for how we can serve our leaders better.