In this episode, I interview Carey Nieuwhof. We talk about his new book, Lasting Impact: 7 Powerful Conversations to Help Your Church Grow, and unpack what every pastor wants from their family ministry staff.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World (book) – Michael Hyatt explains why you need a platform to succeed in delivering a message or product
Leading Change Without Losing It (book) – Carey Nieuwhof unpacks five strategies that help church leaders engineer change
Lasting Impact: 7 Powerful Conversations That Will Help Your Church Grow (book) – Check out Carey's new book and team edition videos that talk about how to have honest conversations that are essential for church growth
High Impact Leader Kit – In a workbook and series of videos, Carey shares practical, proven strategies that help leaders focus on and accomplish their priorities
How to Best Serve Your Pastor
- Don't assume the senior leader has as much autonomy as you think he does
- Be competent
- Think cross-organizationally
- Lead up
- Build trust and earn respect
- Get Carey's book, 7 Powerful Conversations That Will Help Your Church Grow
- Set aside time go through the team edition videos and have some honest conversations
- Know the average attendance of individuals at your church–track kids' and students' attendance
- Develop a strategy for driving engagement (see Carey's post here)
- Establish a clear path for people who want to serve
- Recruit high capacity leaders
- Work through the High Impact Leader Kit and grow your own capacity as a leader
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!
Next Episode: Terrace Crawford
In the next episode, I interview Terrace Crawford, a veteran of youth ministry with tons of wisdom to offer. We talk about the importance of helping students serve and what that can look like in our churches.