In this episode, I talk with Amber Baker about the Real Colors Personality Test. Amber shares how she uses it with her team, and how they have leveraged it as a tool to help their children’s ministry develop. We also have a great conversation about women in ministry, and some of the barriers she has worked through in her role.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
Understanding Your Team's Wiring
- Gives you common language
- Allows you to anticipate how team members will respond to something, and know how to communicate with them
- Gives your team points to talk through and opportunities to understand one another better
- Helps you decide who to onboard and what your team needs
Men Who Lead With Women in Ministry
- Be a support to those staff members or volunteers
- Champion the gifts you see in them
- Be mindful of the words and verbiage you use
Tips for Women in Ministry
- Connect with other women in ministry
- Share and pray together with your spouse concerning this area
- Find a safe space to process
- Take the Real Colors assessment to help you understand your team's wiring, and discuss it together
- Learn together about women in ministry and have a conversation about why you believe what you believe
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!
Next Episode: Alex Beaverson
In the next episode, I talk with Alex Beaverson of Mariners Church. Alex and I have a great conversation about how they empower students to serve and lead in high school ministry. He walks through the different volunteer teams they have, and the process for training and onboarding them. Whether you serve in kids or student ministry, the principles for empowering students to serve apply across the board.