In this episode, I have a conversation with a student, Micah Fletcher, and his Student Pastor, John Cahill. Micah talks about serving as a student, what his experience has been, what his responsibilities are, and why he does it. John then shares what he and his team do to empower students to serve.
Micah Fletcher & John Cahill
Links Mentioned in This Episode
Serving as a Student: John's Process
- Challenge them to be actively involved in a small group and in student ministry
- Check in with them weekly to see how their lives are going
- Communicate to them that they are a huge value to your team
- Affirm and encourage them
- Empower them to be who God created them to be by helping them find where they can serve most effectively
- Create a development plan for your student volunteers
- Gather five to ten students who are currently volunteering, and then listen and learn from them
- Invite 1-2 new students to serve this week
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!
Next Episode: Sherry Surratt
In the next episode, I talk with Sherry Surratt, the Executive Director of Family Strategy at Orange. Sherry and I talk about a year long strategy for partnering with parents. She shares what a 12-month plan looks like practically, and previews some of the new things Orange is working on to help church leaders partner with parents even more effectively.