In this episode, I talk with Scott Magdalein of TrainedUp.Church. Scott shares a full volunteer onboarding process, walks through some great free resources, and shares the best way to maximize the number of volunteers who experience training. We also talk specifically about TrainedUp and how you can utilize this online platform for training volunteers in your church.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
Volunteer Onboarding Process
- Person fills out a signup card or interest form
- Follow up with a phone call
- Send them pre-qualified online training or invite them to an orientation meeting
- Run a background check
- Have a designated person meet them for their First Serve Sunday
- Follow up with a phone call or conversation–ask how it went and if they are still interested
- Send them back to online training for skills and best practices
- Schedule them to begin serving
- Send a survey after a month or so to find out how they are doing in their role
How TrainedUp.Church Works:
- Training videos 2-5 minutes long
- Includes a webcam feature where you can record right there or upload videos
- Access to a library of ready-made courses (series of videos with follow up questions)
- Ability to track volunteer progress
- Automated reminder emails to complete courses
- Evaluate your onboarding process. If you do not have one, being to build that.
- Check out TrainedUp.Church and other online training platforms for volunteers
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!
Next Episode: Andrae Jones
In the next episode, I talk with Children’s Pastor Andrae Jones. Andrae works at a church that has a very low ratio of staff to volunteers and kids. We dive into his church and ministry, exploring how they make that work and continue to reach more kids and grow their volunteers teams.