In this episode, I talk with Amy Fenton from Orange about VBS. Amy shares best practices for planning ahead and how to build a team and process in order to create a remarkable experience for kids. And, she dives into the difference between focusing on evangelism or discipleship during VBS, and what these two approaches look like.
Connect with Amy on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Links Mentioned in This Episode
Episode 008: Amy Fenton on Recruiting Volunteers and VBS
Making the Connection After VBS-Don't Miss It – Thoughts on how to follow up well with families after Vacation Bible School
Genius Expert: Plan a Top-Notch Vacation Bible School – Amy shares how your ministry can leverage sign up genius to plan ahead for Vacation Bible School
Planning Vacation Bible School
- Start right now
- Pick a great curriculum – Check out Orange's here
- Make a plan
- Ask core leaders in your ministry to own different parts
- Make a plan for follow up
Best Practices for Running Vacation Bible School
- Do sign ups ahead of time
- Distribute registration info and details about kids' leaders and groups before the week of
- Leave room for guests
- Communicate about a deadline
- Communicate often what to expect when they arrive
- Prepare daily emails in advance to send to parents each afternoon, letting them know what their child learned that day
- Figure out who was there and follow up
- Network with other leaders in your area
- Check out Orange's resources for VBS
- Determine the priority for your VBS–evangelism or discipleship
- Write a plan and develop a timeline for your church's VBS. Save that in a system as you work this year so you can duplicate it next year.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!