Call or Text Justin at: 7146000354
Links Mentioned in This Episode
Controlled Chaos Podcast – A podcast for junior high ministry leaders
Trumpia – Mass text messaging system
The Youth Cartel – An organization dedicated to encouraging and coaching youth ministry workers
ChurchSwag.org – Custom branded products and apparel
3 Essential Components of Junior High Ministry
- Your ministry needs to be fun-real, relevant, a place to belong, a place where students have friends, and a place where everyone is known
- It's all about leaders–have more and better leaders
- Partner with parents–let them know you are there for them and their kids
What It Takes to Be Fun
- Know what the plan is when a new kid shows up, and make it feel like you were expecting them
- Know what your plan is when kids are gone so they know they are missed
- Take it easy on the rules
Keys to Partnering with Parents
- Communicate with parents often and in a manner they can predict
- Make time for parents and have conversations with them
- Host parent nights
- Take the 3 pillars Justin talked about and give your ministry a grade for each of them. Then, develop some actions steps you can take to improve one of them (whether it's the one you are strongest or weakest in.)
- Ask: Is there a long term strategy you need to develop and implement?
- Determine one step you can take to improve your connection with parents.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!