In this episode, I talk with Craig Cable of Group Publishing. Craig oversees the publishing of different ministry resources, and also has experience in safety and security. He is now leading an initiative church security, and helps train ministry leaders on how to create safe environments. Craig talks about common mistakes he sees churches make, best practices leaders can have in place to be proactive, and how to begin implementing a plan for security at your church.
Email Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Craig at 970-292-4697
Links Mentioned in This Episode
Common Risks We Miss
- Slips and falls
- Sexual misconduct
- Theft, burglary, and/or vandalism
- Medical incidents
Developing a Plan for Church Security
- Get leadership buy-in
- Determine a person or group of people to run point and be responsible for the plan
- Budget for background checks and re-screening
- Never leave a child alone with an adult
- Require training (with scenario training) for volunteers
- Be proactive about having conversations concerning domestic disputes
Assessments for Church Security
- List the things Craig talked about and use them as an audit for your church. Ask: What do we not have in place?
- Check out the assessments
- Look through the Safe & Secure Church Training Kit
- Have a conversation about church security with the rest of your staff
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!