In this episode, I talk with Preteen Pastor, Zach Matchett about creating environments for preteens. Zach talks about his vision for creating spaces for preteens to be in awe of who God is. He also talks about the importance of creating community for preteens, combining their spiritual and social lives in the late elementary/early middle school. Zach also walks through the program and structure at his church, talks about how he has built their preteen ministry, what they do week to week, and how they equip their leaders.
I just launched a brand new course with Ministry Boost all about the 5 big things that are barriers to recruiting ministry volunteers. Right now, this course is on sale for just $10. Register today at ministryboost.org/courses.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
Caught in Between – Dan Scott explores the keys to preteen ministry
Lead Small – Five essentials for leading a small group
Northview Church Preteen Ministry Programming
- Show stupid video of the week
- MC welcomes everyone
- Set up vision for time together: We learn about God, make good friends, and have fun
- Group game
- Table time – Opening discussion questions, preteens share highlight of their week and do icebreaker questions
- Worship time led by student worship team
- Message (15-20 min of teaching content)
- Closing small group time
- Check out the Caught in Between workshops with Dan Scott (email me at email@example.com) and get the book
- Pick one thing you could start doing to make the experience of preteens unique and make a plan to implement it
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!