In this episode, I talk with Becky Rydman about how to reach your community by partnering with schools. Becky shares what is at the core of this partnership – relationships – and talks about how she got plugged into her local school and how churches in her area have made an impact in the school system.
I just launched a brand new course with Ministry Boost all about the 5 big things that are barriers to recruiting ministry volunteers. Right now, this course is on sale for just $10. Register today at ministryboost.org/courses using the code PODCAST.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
Steps to Partnering with Schools
- Get in the school
- Build a relationship with the principal
- Establish a relationship with the school guidance counselor
- Volunteer and show up
- Attend parent organization meetings
- Ask what the felt needs are
Organizations to Help in Partnering with Schools
- Pick one school where your church already has influence, or a greater potential to influence, and start a partnership. Reach out and talk to someone at the school and ask what the needs are and how the church could serve them.
- Gather parents and use them to brainstorm how to partner with schools.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!