In this episode I talk with Shane Sanchez all about student ministry – what they do at his church, how they structure middle and high school ministries, when they meet, and their different formats and environments. He also talks about what they’ve done to create a different experience for juniors and seniors in high school and shares helpful questions we can be asking ourselves as we seek to re-engage them.
I just launched a brand new course with Ministry Boost all about the 5 big things that are barriers to recruiting ministry volunteers. This course is on sale for just $10 through Monday, March 18. Register today at ministryboost.org/courses using the code PODCAST.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
MISSION Student Ministry Staff
- Youth Pastor – Focus on vision, leadership, teaching, and caring for the team
- Programming Director – Oversees weekend services, camps, worship team, and production
- Groups Director – Recruits volunteers, is relational, and loves small groups and training leaders
- Evaluate your student ministry. Ask: Where do we have momentum and why?
- Ask: Where do we not have momentum and how can we create it? Start talking about that with parents and volunteers.
- Talk through one thing you can do with juniors and seniors to re-engage them.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!