In this episode, I talk with my friend Will Hutcherson about his new organization, Youth Leadership Collective. This non-profit was born out of a desire to help educators and parents heal despair in teenagers. They are all about bringing hope to students in youth ministries, in schools, and in our communities through relationships and teaching. Whether you work with kids or students, these principles apply across the board and are helpful as we seek to partner with parents and schools.
TrainedUp 10% Off
Get online training for your volunteers and equip them like never before through Trained Up. Once you sign up for a subscription, use the code BOOST10 to get 10% off for life.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
Youth Leadership Collective – Non-profit all about helping educators and parents heal despair in teenagers
Psychology of Attunement
- Eye contact
- Appropriate physical contact
- A – Attend – Be present and show up randomly
- T – Time
- T – Tone – Self-care for parents
- U – Unplugging – Creating boundaries with smartphones
- N – Notice – Looking beyond the physical or what they may be portraying
- E – Eye contact
3 Steps for Parents When Teens are in Despair
- Say “I love you.”
- Thank them for being brave and trusting you.
- Ask: “Is it okay if we get help together?”
- Learn more about bringing hope to students and parents
- Reach out to Will for more information on what he does
- Connect with schools in your area and invite Will to do an assembly on hope for the students
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!