In this episode, Matt Heer talks about what it looks to engage GenZ and how middle school pastors and leaders can share the gospel with them. We talk about trends and research concerning GenZ and how that has translated practically into his ministry at Saddleback Church.
Connect with Matt on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Ministry Boost – FREE Webinars
Ministry Boost is hosting 3 FREE webinars this month. You can sign up here.
- Leading Ministry With the Four Disciplines of Execution Model – June 13 at 2PM EST
- Innovative Solutions to Solving Your Greatest Staffing Problems – June 20 at 2PM EST
- Empower Volunteers to Lead Like Staff – June 27 at 2PM EST
Links Mentioned in this Episode
What Your Church Needs to Know About Gen Z
Characteristics of Gen Z
- Most diverse generation
- First post-Christian generation
- The loneliest generation
- Have a huge desire for belonging and significance – they want to be a part of something that matters.
- Socially conscious – they care deeply about the environment and social justice
- Help them learn how to be Christians online
- Be authentic “influencers” for students
- Tell more stories
- Brainstorm teaching to GenZ
- Tell more stories of students
- Do something on YouTube
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!