In this episode, I talk with Reed Moore. Reed just wrapped up several years at the Student Pastor at Gwinnett Church and is just beginning his time as Student Director at Passion City Church. We talk all about what it looked like to create a great ministry culture at Gwinnett Church. Reed walks through some of their common language and values, and how they reinforced them by sharing stories. Then we talk about student leadership and how they utilized students in their own ministry.
Join Ministry Boost for a FREE online event, Wednesday, August 28 at 1PM EST all about recruiting, encouraging, training, and retaining volunteers. Register HERE.
Notes From this Episode
Keys to a Great Student Ministry Culture
- Create common language as a team
- Put values into repeatable phrases (Ex: Best night of the week; We’re family here and family is for everyone)
- Recruit great small group leaders
- Host weekly gatherings for leaders prior to youth programming
- Celebrate and reinforce culture (Ex: Social posts; telling stories)
- Share and document stories
Tips for Student Ministry Programming & Teaching Content
- Have a student leadership team
- Diversify who you listen to
- Seek feedback
- Think through connection, truth, tension & application
- Create key language
- Create opportunities for student leadership and have them apply for it
- Share stories
Get Exclusive Content from this Week’s Episode
Use this form to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.