In this episode, David Maddron walks us through the difficult journey of losing a child. I also ask David about the steps he now takes to help those around him within the church and community that have experienced similar loses.
Check out our courses and register now at MinistryBoost.org.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
How can a church help during a crisis or loss?
- Ministry leaders – be prepared when someone under your care goes through the loss of a child; some people may not know what to say.
- Unintentionally hurtful things
- False empathy
- Be aware during “earmark” events that would have happened in the life of that child and family.
- Bring other families alongside them during these seasons, especially those who have experienced the same type of loss
- Train people to be really good listeners.
- Help the families going through this tragedy and the phases of grief that their feelings are valid (anger, depression, etc.)
- Grief Share is a great program for people to join
- Made Known Event
- Don’t overuse your voice or your influence.
- Be sensitive
- Give families space
- Help them grieve and mend in a healthy manner
- Train people what to say
- Find people who have been there
- Check out Made Known
Get Exclusive Content from this Week’s Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.