In this episode, Tony Kummer shares the findings from a unique survey of Christian volunteers and leaders within the church about the faith of the next generation. This survey focused on how they came to faith, the key factors of their faith development and how the church can help the faith stick.
Connect with Tony on Twitter
Check out our courses and register now at MinistryBoost.org.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
5 Key Findings from the Survey
- Childhood is when most people find Jesus
- Parents had the most overwhelming impact in regard to their faith
- Children’s ministry is still important (camp, VBS, etc.)
- The reason people are doing kids ministry is the Jesus loved kids
- We need one another
What makes faith sticky?
- Weekly Bible reading
- Participation in service projects or missions trips
- Sharing faith with unbelievers
- Parents asking for forgiveness
- Encouraging a child’s unique talents
- Families taking annual family vacations together
- Attending a church that emphasizes Bible teaching
- Families that actively tithed
- See the survey results
- Remind your team of 4/14
- Survey parents of your kids/students
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.