In this episode, Robert Purvey talks about some of the ministries and strategies his church has used to impact youth and their families and schools. One of the immediate action steps he prompts is for churches to be present in the life of their local schools, with no strings attached, and leveraging the influence of students on these campuses.
Check out our courses and register now at MinistryBoost.org.
Ways for students to be influential within weekend services:
- Intercessors (prayer)
- **For 175-200 teens in students services, 4 or 5 adults serve on rotation, with 10 or more students in specific leadership roles
Understanding how to lead your students:
- We must understand their context, culture, background, etc.
- Modify curriculum which reaches multiple demographics and helps bring understanding between different races
- Lead and train adults to be able to talk through topics
- Share with church staff how leaders can best love and lead students where they are
- Connect with a school
- Connect with another Youth Pastor
- Have a conversation about race
Get Exclusive Content from this Week’s Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.