In this episode, I talk about Nina Schmidgall about volunteer recruitment and she walks us through some best practices for beginning to shape volunteer culture before people even start serving. This is the first part of a six-session series from an online event called Volunteer Bootcamp, hosted by Ministry Boost.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- recruit to VISION, not to NEED
- tell the stories
- have an “elevator pitch”
- give good verbiage to those leading the conversation of recruiting
- direct ask (bold friendliness)
- reduce barriers to serve
- when recruiting, do not leave the ball in their court; always get their email for follow up
- eliminate the word “only” from verbiage (Ex: “it’s only one service”)
- spend time evaluating and determine your “currency”
- investment and leadership
- fun and celebration
“When you are calling people to something great, it will take a level of investment.”
- Increase commitment
- Meet with potential volunteers
- Get Playbook course
Get Exclusive Content from this Week’s Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.