In this episode, Dan Scott shares his experience of providing consistent and ongoing training for volunteers that produces excellence and unity for ministry teams. This is the fourth part of a six-session series from an online event called Volunteer Bootcamp, hosted by Ministry Boost.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
Ideas for Strategically Training Volunteers
Annual Training: global to all volunteers
Quarterly: targeted training for specific volunteers
Monthly: huddles for volunteers on a monthly/weekly basis
- Curriculum updates and encouragements
- Small group training
- Event communication
- Monthly Coach's Training
- In this model, coaches are delegated the communication of vision, information, and training during weekly/monthly huddles with their teams
Ongoing Evaluation: a process for evaluating volunteers’ effectiveness
- “The worst thing you could do is only meet with volunteers when something is wrong.”
- Utilize conversation for both encouragement and coaching
- In regard to Large Group, record a service and allow team members to self-evaluate
- Resource coaches with what they need to have one-on-ones with their teams to reflect and evaluate
**The idea is that training is not just sporadic information, it’s strategic conversation about upcoming ministry events or focuses. Create a consistent and constant culture of training.
- Create a 1-year plan
- Try out TrainedUp – (Discount code: BOOST10)
- Start huddles
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.