In this episode, Greg Stier explains how a youth ministry can be mobilized towards evangelism and become an active movement within the local church. Between parents and leaders, the next generation needs to be directed and empowered to share their faith and dare to believe Him for life-change in others.
Check out our courses and register now at MinistryBoost.org.
A little about Dare 2 Share:
- Early on – Dare2Share Weekend Conferences
- Now: Live Simulcast
- 126 cities in one day
- Dare2Share Live – 10.10.2020
- Inspiration – Motivation – Application – Activation
- Curriculum for Student Ministries
- Lead the Cause Camps
How do students overcome the FEAR of evangelism?
- Share the WHY behind sharing faith – eternal significance
- Gen Z does not have a context for “hellfire and brimstone”
- Tell them “How” to share
- Gospel presented through their personal story
- Choose a way to care for people AND share the gospel
- If you’re not risking a social death, then you’re not really growing
What has changed in youth ministry since D2S started? (methods and practices)
- Everything has changed – social media and being in a post-Christian nation
- But in some ways, nothing has changed
- teenagers are seeking a king, a cause, and a crew
- the gospel doesn’t change, but it’s not the front door (having to explain the meta-narrative)
- Teenagers that are equipped to have face-to-face conversations become “like flowers for bees” – people want to flock toward them
Encouragements for leaders and volunteers
- Focus on advancing the gospel
- Program your services accordingly
- Youth Ministries need to have more time
- Prayer Time
- Story-telling Time
- Equipping Time
- Have a set of values for volunteers
- Volunteers should set the bar for the students as someone who grows in their faith, shares their faith, and is making disciples
- Check out Dare 2 Share
- Teach students practical evangelism
- One person you can invite
Get Exclusive Content from this Week’s Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.