In this episode, Sean Sweet shares about preteen ministry and his specific experience helping his own church develop a thriving preteen ministry. Sean also gives some specific insight into FourFiveSix, a ministry of Destiny Church in Rocklin, CA, focused on community, training, and resources for preteen leaders around the nation.
Check out our courses and register now at MinistryBoost.org.
What is FourFiveSix.org?
- Community, Training platform, Resources
- Letting go of the bike and giving ownership to preteen's faith
- Ready developmentally, but not experientially
- Minister to them for who they are, rather than just keeping them in a holding pattern
- Help them begin thinking about taking their first faith steps
- Podcast of 4,5, or 6 minutes
- 360 episodes (goal to have 456)
- 3-year Scope and Sequence curriculum designed for preteens
- Summer VBS option for preteens
- Peer Groups for preteen ministry leaders
- Online Conference (Onference) annually
How does preteen ministry bridge the gap from Kids to Student Ministry?
- Middle School/Junior High Pastors typically want to hop right in and ride alongside the students, but kids are typically just told “about the bike”; so preteen ministry allows for preteens to learn “how to ride”
- Children's ministries can be stronger and focus on the younger age groups
- Youth ministries can now focus on the awkwardness of kids moving right into students
- **Great idea… 30-week preteen leadership/discipleship program
How do you structure services?
- No small groups on Sunday; small groups on Wednesdays
- Easier for preteens to invite to a mid-week
- Check out FourFiveSix.org
- Do a Zoom call w/ preteens in this season
- Create a preteen plan
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Special Sponsor: ServeHQ
This episode is sponsored by ServeHQ. ServeHQ makes simple tools for ministry leaders to equip volunteers, onboard new members, develop leaders, send announcements, and chat with anyone safely with accountability, all in one unified platform. Go to servehq.church to find out more.