In this episode, Jeremy O'Neill gives us a quick look into Children's ministry of Sandals Church, a multisite church in Southern California that is producing a unique and original approach to the in-person and digital experience for kids and families. Jeremy also shares some of the things that are shaping Sandals Kids teams and leadership development.
Connect with Jeremy through Email.
Check out our courses and register now at MinistryBoost.org.
Sandals Kids at 11 campuses:
- Use a Small Group and Large Group model
- Digital Storybook for preschool
- Range from 70 kids to over 1,000 kids (2,000 across all campuses)
- Content completely original for all kid's ministry
- Created Roku app for devices on their campuses for Kid's content
- This is where ALL content lives
- A mixture of fun and serious
- Youtube videos are mainly for fun
- The Sandalskids.tv platform is more for engaging content
What's going well at Sandals Church:
- Measurement of everything
- The return rate of attendees
- Recognizing trends
- Invite Events, Develop People, Serve Events
- Schedule these strategically for families to adopt church as a part of their lives
- Consider all your data (key audiences – survey them)
- Kids (Idea: emoji survey)
- Ask the hard questions
- How are we doing? Is there a disconnect with how kids feel and how parents feel? What is working, what isn't, and where should we invest more of our energy?
What needs some work at Sandals:
- Bringing people around the VISION
- Address the gap in identifying potential leaders
- Identify leadership levels (pipeline)
- Simple Model for leadership development
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Special Sponsor: TrainedUp
This episode is sponsored by ServeHQ. When it comes to equipping your volunteers and leaders, you have to try ServeHQ. They have an online training tool with hundreds of done-for-you training videos and simple tools to create your own. Go to servehq.church to find out more.